Binary versions of Gnuplot for OS X
Binary versions of Gnuplot for OS X/macOS. These are primarily intended for users who normally work on Linux and wish to replicate their tools on a Macintosh.
- Compiled on OS X 10.15.6 (Catalina).
Versions up to 5.2.8 were compiled on OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan) and were confirmed to work also on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), and 10.15 (Catalina).
- Prior to installing this, you need to install X11/XQuartz.
- The versions provided here include the GNU Readline library.
- In addition to the standard terminals, the PDF terminal is included as well, which uses the PDFLlib Lite library. To my understanding, this link to the source code satisfies the PDFlib Lite license requirements. Note: you do NOT need to download this library to use the gnuplot packages below.
- In version 5.2.5 and up, I have also included the GIF, JPEG and PNG terminals. All libraries needed are included; please let me know if you encounter difficulties.
- Simply download the package from one of the links below and install. You can then invoke gnuplot from a terminal window via /usr/local/bin/gnuplot
- Please report download problems.
- Current version (recommended):
- 5.4.1 (December 15, 2020)
- Older versions (versions prior to 5.2.5 do not include the PNG, JPEG and GIF terminals)
- 5.4.0 (September 23, 2020)
- 5.2.8 (December 2, 2019)
- 5.2.7 (May 31, 2019)
- 5.2.6 (January 1, 2019)
- 5.2.5 (October 7, 2018)
- Information for the technically inclined: to facilitate installation and improve portability, the gnuplot binary was statically linked to the readline, gd, png16, freetype, fontconfig, and PDFlib-lite libraries.
- If you receive an error message "dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/X11/lib/libfontconfig.1.dylib", please make sure you have installed the most recent version of X11/XQuartz.